Thursday, July 30, 2009

In search of a bear hug

Sometimes, I feel superior to everyone else. Happens pretty often. It's not always a wonderful feeling, but it's not terrible either.

People advise. But you don't want it. People sympathise. But you don't want that either. People try to get into your shoes - but hell, it's not one size fits all.

There are stories and there are stories. Some aren't mine to tell. Some are, but I don't want to tell them - not to everyone, maybe not even to anyone. So many stories, and yet the ones you record, aren't quite real. Fiction is so much happier and just than real life - so much easier to understand.

I wish my father were Baloo the Bear. But he's not. And life goes on.

3 comments:

coffee stain said...

Fiction is so much happier and just than real life
amen

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Bear Hug is also a wrestling move... and it can kill too.....so i aint sure if u want it...

Llama said...

@ CS
Amen amen

@ Moo
I sure. I can handle it.